A New Hope...

Well. I should have known that I was going to forget to post last night but someone told me of documentary and my wife and I HAD to watch it. Under Our Skin is the name of it. It talks about Lyme Disease. My long lost cousin who I apparently haven't seen since I was 4 years old. Hi Rochelle!! Anyway, she told me about the problems that she was/is having and told me to go to a website http://www.lymeinfo.net and there is when a little bit of hope grew to a little more hope. The symptoms are too many to mention but I have far too many of them to not look into it. I am probably admitting my own stupidity but I have heard of limes disease and always thought it was what people who weren't clean contracted. Granted it is caused by bacteria and ticks but I really learned a lot from the movie and the various websites I have visited. I look at it like this, even if they do the tests and I don't have it, that is one more thing that I can rule out that I DON'T have. Silver lining, right?

I do this a lot as I am sure a lot of others in my situation have... After the 6th or 7th doctor you say, "I am not getting my hopes up anymore." then the appointment day is upon you and you get the same feeling in your stomach that THIS is the day you finally find out. My doctor appt isn't for about 5 more months because she was expecting the Pain Management place to take me in and fix my problems but we all know what happened with that as per the previous posts. My wife called and left a message on the appointment line today so we are waiting for someone to call us back. I am going to ask the doctor once I have my appointment if I was ever tested for Lymes disease, if so I am going to request the paperwork that shows it. The documentary we watched concerning the stigma attached to this disease is incredible. There are doctors and insurance companies that don't recognize it as a real problem. I urge you to watch the documentary Under Our Skin. It is so sad how our health care system is about money and not about medicine.

I guess now we wait, wait until I can get an appointment and we will just go from there. Rochelle, I can't thank you enough for the info. Even if I don't have it, my wife might because of the issues she is having, and the fact living in Oklahoma all her life, and countless tick bites and red splotches. You have opened our eyes to yet another condition that may take us in a different direction... And that is just what we might have needed.

I am a big fan of Karma. not the religious portion of it but the 2 sentences that we can all live by regardless if we are Muslim, Christian, or even Atheist. "Do good things, & good things happen. Do bad things, & they will come back to haunt you." I try to be as humble as I possibly can. Sometimes I am a little too humble. There is always someone that has a bigger hole in their boat then you do. The question isn't which one of you are going to drown first, but rather how you can keep the other one afloat until hope arrives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Home-Less

Still Back