Strobe Without The Work

I woke up this AM pretty much like any other day. I felt my head tremors a little more profound then other days but nothing more then I was already used to. Yesterday we had the neighbor boy over playing in our front yard with my two little boys and his niece. I remember just standing on the porch and watching all the excitement. Everyone was chasing each other lauching and smiling from ear to ear. For once in my life i saw that I had what I have always wanted. I had THAT yard. The yard where everyone comes to. The FUN house. A sandbox, cars and dump trucks. Toys layed out everywhere as if hit by the most perfect childhood cyclone.

After taking my meds this morning, Neurontin, Flexril, Methocarbomol, Ranatidine, and Celexa. -I know it sounds like a lot but it's what was prescribed to me and has since then worked to add a little normalcy to my life- I layed there for about 30 to 45 minutes until the tremors in my neck stopped my head from nodding. Right before sitting up I noticed that the tip of my tounge was numb. Thought nothing of it, possibly bit it in my sleep. I sat up... And then it happened. The first time... more of my tongue felt numb instantly. Everything was -for Lack of a better word- swirly. I sat there and remember telling my wife that I feel really weird. As many times as I have said that to her, I am sure it removes a little alarm each time. Then the strobe started. I felt as though I was at a rave concert and someone was flipping on and off the lights. It lasted for about 45 seconds I would say... But scared the living shit out of me. I layer back down and closed my eyes. I could still feel the pulse of the strobe effect as if light could move objects rather then shining around and thru them.

Where is Oprah when you need her? So many times have I seen people on her show that go thru so many life changing and self impacting moments. I feel both selfish and stupid because I actually think that Oprah is going to come in thru my bedroom window one morning and say, "Hey Mark, so... YOU ARE ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITE THINGS!!" (if you watched her show you would be lauching right now. If you haven't watched her show... Stop reading my blog and so rent/buy the episodes or box set. I have been to the doctors... I think I just need to go to The Oprah. If you got connections, use em! Lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Home-Less

Still Back